5 Benefits of shockwave therapy
Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment that utilizes high-energy acoustic waves to deliver a mechanical force to the body’s tissues to promote and accelerate the healing process of injured tissues. Here are five benefits of shockwave therapy.
- Non-Invasive Treatment: One of the benefits of shockwave therapy is that it is a non-invasive treatment, meaning there are no surgical incisions or injections involved. Patients experience fewer risks associated with these treatments and less pain and discomfort during recovery.
- Promotes Healing Process: Shockwave therapy helps promote the remodeling of dysfunctional collagenous tissues, thereby accelerating the healing process. It helps reduce inflammation which can help reduce swelling and pain in areas where soft tissue has been damaged or injured. Additionally, shockwave therapy helps increase blood circulation and speed up the healing time by providing oxygen and other essential nutrients to injured tissue cells.
- Safe & Comfortable: Shockwave therapy is safe and comfortable for patients since it does not involve any needles or other invasive treatments. Since shockwaves are low-frequency sound waves they do not cause any harm to surrounding healthy tissue.
- Convenient Treatment: Shockwave therapy offers an easy and convenient way to treat chronic pain without taking time off from work or other commitments. The treatment typically takes between 15-20 minutes, depending on the severity of the injury/pain, thus allowing patients to get back on their feet faster.
- Proven Results: Finally, another great benefit of shockwave therapy is that it has proven results when used in conjunction with physiotherapy treatment plans - helping patients achieve maximum results within minimum amount of time! Studies have shown that this combination is an ideal choice for those looking for fast relief from chronic pain conditions
If you are considering shockwave therapy, contact Pro Active Health Care Team today!